When I these days look back at my business of almost 35 years I can identify some things that have been of core value. To me, it has been extremely important that no job is better than another and that we all need to help each other. Even now, when I am in Malaysia, I can get a call from my Swedish CFO or purchaser in charge, telling me that they are going down to the warehouse to empty a container. It makes me proud. If we all do it together, we can still make it work.
I remember in the early nineties when we were just a small group of people working together. I was emptying a container with my co-workers. A man walked in with a big bag and a file under his arm, wanting to sell us something. He looked at me and I asked: "Can I help you?" He gave me a crooked smile and said: "Boy, I am here to talk to your boss, Mr Michael Cederkvist. Show me his office!" Can you imaging how I started to laugh on the inside. Five minutes later I stepped into my office and the man looked at me a bit irritated. "I said I am here to see the boss", he continued. I smiled calmly and said: "You are talking to him right now."
We never did any business but it made me realize the importance of having the right attitude.

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar