In the mid-eighties, my girlfriend and I buy a small cottage in the archipelago of the Swedish west coast. We are working so much and need a small hide-away, a place to relax and recharge. The house is small and needs a lot of work. Every time we reach the house we can breathe and enjoy the quietness of the countryside and do a different type of work.
To have your own business means a lot of work, but people who don't have their own business often have a different idea about the self-employed people.
The work I do is hard work, hands-on work. I have to walk, talk and persuade. Deal, buy, sell, all at the same time. When you start a new business, nothing will come for free. Only from hard work.
Sometimes I hear people say: "Oh, you have your own business. How nice! Then you can take as much annual leave as you like." I have to hide a smile. More likely no annual leave at all. All your time awake is spent on getting your business to survive and grow. When you succeed, nothing is more rewarding.
But there is also more than work, that is family and friends. They must not be forgotten. The house we now have bought will keep us together in many more ways than just work.

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar