I sit relaxed in a big chair in my father's office, telling him about my idea of starting to work in our family business together with him. Waiting for him to jump for joy. But nothing goes as expected.
I am met with silence. And then - a big NO. I am in shock. What just happened? My father is a smart man. He understands that if I come back, just starting off with the same things he does, there will be fights and disagreements. His answer to me is to go home, find a business idea of my own, plan it and then come back to him for new discussions.
I have taken everything for granted, always succeeded in getting a job. This is the first time I get refused, and by my own father. My reaction is dismay, disbelief and I can hardly take it in.
But my father wants more for me. He teaches me not to take life for granted but to earn it. To stand on my own two feet. And when I am ready, he will listen, give advice and help me. But I have to do my lesson first. I will rise to the challenge. I will not let him down!
I am met with silence. And then - a big NO. I am in shock. What just happened? My father is a smart man. He understands that if I come back, just starting off with the same things he does, there will be fights and disagreements. His answer to me is to go home, find a business idea of my own, plan it and then come back to him for new discussions.
I have taken everything for granted, always succeeded in getting a job. This is the first time I get refused, and by my own father. My reaction is dismay, disbelief and I can hardly take it in.
But my father wants more for me. He teaches me not to take life for granted but to earn it. To stand on my own two feet. And when I am ready, he will listen, give advice and help me. But I have to do my lesson first. I will rise to the challenge. I will not let him down!
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar