fredag 22 januari 2021

Looking for the best office (47)

Arriving in Kuala Lumpur 2004, I don't have an office. Since we are just going to stay for two years I don't really see the point We have a two story apartment and I buy myself a desk and make a small office under the stairs. Every other week I travel to our office in Hong Kong. It is so much better to travel from Malaysia. A trip of only four hours now. I rent a small place in Hong Kong since I spend so much time there.

After two years, due to our business in Pakistan, among other things, we decide to stay on. The children get older and sometimes it is hard do work from home. I cannot tell them to be quiet all the time. They must have time to play with their friends.

So, in 2008, I rent a serviced office and at the same time I get my first colleague here. One year later it is decided that we should get our own place and we buy an office in Plaza Mont Kiara. This is the official step towards staying in Malaysia. We start hiring staff from Sweden and in 2010 we open our call center and customer support here. It will be a way of saving money and try if we can work in several time zones. On the day of our opening I have to leave early realizing that I have dengue fever. What a start to our project!




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar