fredag 10 juli 2020

Involvement (22)

It is January 1989 and I am back in Hongkong. This time I am not alone, I have brought my girlfriend. She has been with me since this journey started, since 1985, and I really want her to understand what I am doing. Not only in Sweden, but here in Asia as well.

I still remember how I was in awe the first time I came here with my father. The airport where you land is so small and so close to all the buildings so you feel like you will end up in the closest living room. I want her to experience this as well, meet my new friends/suppliers and try all the amazing food here. To have Beijing duck, mmmm, I can dream about it. The best restaurant is hard to find, you have to walk up some stairs to reach it, then through a door that looks like it would lead you into an apartment. When you enter - you get really hungry.

On the 25th of January I take her to one of my favorite places - The Revolving 66. A restaurant that turns and we have all of Hongkong at our feet. There and then we get engaged at an amazing dinner. I get to combine the best of two worlds - my girlfriend and my work. As an entrepreneur you can never keep them separated since you live with your business day and night. To me, the best is to bring both sides together for a deeper understanding. Looking back the combination has been very successful.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar