fredag 17 juli 2020

Dinner (23)

A few months have passed and we are now in the 1990's. A new decade has started. What will it mean for me and my business? After having been in China and Hongkong a few times I am now starting to look for new countries where I can find glove suppliers. 

I follow my father to Taipei in Taiwan and meet with a few new suppliers. For dinner we normally go out with my father's friends. When we go to a restaurant they will often ask us what we would like to eat. My father's reply is always: "We will eat anything that you suggest." This will make us try many new types of local food. Most of the time it will be amazing.

This time I get a new experience. The supplier asks us if we like whisky and we say yes. Then, all of a sudden, we have a big bottle on our table - and nothing else to drink. It seems like an extravagant gesture, but maybe not the best choice of drink together with spicy food. The supplier himself drinks coke - he doesn't like whisky. My father looks at me and just says: "Drink! We cannot make our host disappointed." For a guy my age, 27, there is never a bad time to drink whisky...

Sometimes the things we experience when we travel exceed all expectations!




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar