fredag 15 maj 2020

Sales (14)

I have been back in Sweden for a week. Now a professional purchaser, probably in my own eyes only. Time for my next role, that of a salesman. How to start? Big industries in Gothenburg are easy to find, but will they buy from me? How to find customers that are smaller industries that might want a visit?

I start with the yellow pages and make lists. I will start calling them next week. The gloves will not be here until another two months. My warehouse is in the garage of my parents' home. Baby steps are taken. I don´t have any money yet to get an office or a warehouse space. That will have to come later. My father has always worked from home, and I will be in his office to start with.

For my first call I am honestly shaking. I have never been scared of talking to people, but now, for the first time, I realize how important this is. I have to sound professional and serious without really having any experience. I have to get them to grant me meetings. When I get the first meeting booked I am thrilled. I made it!! Then I get another, another and another. For next week I now have ten meetings booked. I hope my car will be ok for driving around…




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar