It is my first week meeting with potential customers. The first meeting went ok, even though the man I meet have a little smile on his face most of the time. I try to write down as much as I remember after the meeting to be more prepared for the next one. The second one is with a bigger company with several stores. I get so nervous sitting in front of the man that I don't remember what to say.
I am a big smoker during this time of my life and I see a pack of cigarettes on his desk. I ask him for one and the meeting just dies. He gives me a skeptical look and sends me away after a few minutes. Not a good move at all, I realize.
After my first week, three of the clients actually want to buy from me. Older men with a lot of experience, probably seeing themselves as they were when they started out. Nice people who are willing to take a small risk to help out a young and unexperienced guy. One of them sends me to a friend's business in another city. Great success! I manage to get the Yellow pages for a new region! No internet in 1986...
Slowly the days pass by and the time for my first container is soon here. It will be such a pleasure to put the boxes of gloves in my car and go for my first delivery.

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar