torsdag 11 juni 2020

Learning (18)

Life is so much easier now having a colleague at work. I start to travel more and visit customers all over Sweden. Most of the people I meet are much older than I with my 25 years. This is the late 80's and there is a lot of drinking at lunch and after work for many. I don't mind taking a beer now and then, but since I just started, and with my young age, I try to find other ways to get to know my customers. I start bringing my badminton gear and my golf clubs. The exercises give us a good time and I can see how much better I do my work after a game of badminton.

Meeting new customers also comes with challenges. In two out of ten meetings I know that I can supply the gloves they need but for the other eight I cannot. The ask for gloves and functions that I have never heard of, still being inexperienced. I bring a big note book on my travels and write down everything that is being asked for.

I realize I still have a lot to learn. Where would be the best place? A plan takes form. I need to go back to China, get to know some more suppliers and learn from the source. Where to meet them? Of course, The Canton Fair.






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar