Canton Fair started in 1957. Now it is 1989 and from being an exhibition for raw materials when it started, you can now see exhibitors from all over the world coming in thousands. It is a huge market place and it feels like you can find almost whatever you might be looking for.
I am again travelling with my father and I am almost overwhelmed as we enter the big exhibition halls. My father has been here before and he knows how to attack the place in the right way. We visit suppliers for his own goods and then for mine.
What strikes me is that my father is treated with so much respect. The coming year he will turn 60 and in Asia, there is an enormous respect for older people. Back in Sweden, and in many other countries around the world, the older ones are supposed to give way for the younger generation. Here they appreciate the wisdom and experience from someone who has been around for a long time. I try my best to make my voice heard, but see many of the suppliers turning to my father for important things. This is something I will cherish and remember. Hopefully I will be treated the same at a later stage in life.

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar