It is Saturday morning and time for breakfast. As most of the time my father is talking about business. From early childhood until now it has always been the same topics up for discussion. Where is the world economy going? Is the exchange rate of the USD going up or down? Should we buy more or less? What is the trend right now?
My grandfather started the company in 1913 that my mother and father now have taken over. Since I was a baby I have listened to the same conversations over and over again. The biggest discussion always being that we need to buy and sell consumable goods. Goods that people use and throw, use and throw. Then there will always be a demand. There are so many things to worry about, with your own business. It seems to be so time consuming.
I am now nineteen. Just being back from my military service, again listening to the same stories about the world and our company. I have heard them all a million times. I have full respect for my parents and what they do but I decide that this is not for me. I will go my own way and look for a normal job.
How well did that go?
My grandfather started the company in 1913 that my mother and father now have taken over. Since I was a baby I have listened to the same conversations over and over again. The biggest discussion always being that we need to buy and sell consumable goods. Goods that people use and throw, use and throw. Then there will always be a demand. There are so many things to worry about, with your own business. It seems to be so time consuming.
I am now nineteen. Just being back from my military service, again listening to the same stories about the world and our company. I have heard them all a million times. I have full respect for my parents and what they do but I decide that this is not for me. I will go my own way and look for a normal job.
How well did that go?
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar